Worth A Look (Friday Favorites)

A random collection this week:

I loved this! Such a good reminder during this back-to-school time:  Guard your time

Amazing things about breast milk that I didn't even know.

Like a lot of people, I've been reading all about tidying up the Marie Kondo way lately.  And while I think there are a lot of good ideas in the book, I also think the author is more than a little bit neurotic (she suggests, in all seriousness, regularly talking to your possessions). So I laughed a lot at this spoof:  How to Get Rid of Clutter and Live Abundantly

This elevator is amazing!

Why yes, that is my name underneath four different photos!  Winners are announced on Monday. Cross your fingers for me.  Provo Photo Contest Finalists

I got a bit of flak about being out running a few weeks after having a baby.  So I was amused to read this.

"I’ve been really lucky. I ran a marathon three weeks and six weeks after my last baby — which sounds really bad when I say it out loud. I wouldn’t recommend it. I know not every woman can do that, but I healed so quickly that I was able to bounce back. Some people say mean things like I must be doing drugs because of my performances right after having a baby, but I’m a believer in being really active and eating well. I’ve had all C-sections, but I feel a lot better than when I was 19. Of course, there’s been a lot of time and work."

How long can you wait to have a baby?  I found it interesting that wanting more than 3 kids wasn't on the chart.  :)

      Chart of percentage chance of success when starting families at various ages.
     
Source:LiveScience

My own feelings on aging and fertility, from back before we knew Benjamin was coming.

I'm so sad about where our culture is heading morally.  I found this article insightful: Jared Fogle, Ashley Madison, Planned Parenthood and our Men Without Chests
"We laugh at chastity and are shocked to find the sexually exploitive in our midst. We are constantly feeding the sexual appetite of young men and bidding them “be faithful.” We demand consequence free sex and are appalled when we see what we deem “consequences” have faces that are being sliced open."

Comments

That spoof you linked to is so funny, I've read it 3 times, and even my older daughters were laughing. My husband? Not so much. :)

Did you read the comments, too? They're just as funny as the original piece.

Thanks for sharing--a good laugh is a treasure!