Daddy Trip Highlights (nearly Wordless Wednesday)

Lots of people asked me where my husband went on his Daddy trip. It might have been easier to say where he DIDN'T go. He loves to pack in as many destinations as possible. In ten days, they stayed in six different "homes." I guess all that made our home a bit forgettable. As I was walking Sarah down to see the changes I'd made in her room, she gasped, "Hey! I remember these stairs!" Here are some of the highlights from the trip: Visiting the Devil's Post Pile near Bishop, California: Beautiful Scenery near the campground: Camping out in the tent trailer and eating breakfast: Rockhunting near Obsidian Dome: Visiting Scenic Mono lake: h Driving through beautiful country and hiking to some falls: Visiting the oldest trees in the world in the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest: a young bristlecone pine is quite lovely: the older ones are shaped by the wind into twisting works of art: Visiting Yosemite: catching bugs everywhere (each child brought their own bug cage): hiking Vernal Falls, where Eliza almost fell to her death: Enjoying more scenic views of half dome and other formations: Allison (it's ALWAYS Allison) found this frog near the pool at the KOA: Visiting my husband's hometown of Modesto, California and the nearby Micke Grove Zoo: Enjoying lots of campfires and roasting marshmallows (love how this picture turned out!): Seeing the largest trees -- and largest living organisms -- in the world in Sequoia National Park: My husband got home Saturday night, and by Sunday night, he was already mapping out a route for NEXT year's trip. He said the kids were wonderfully well-behaved and they had a great time.

Comments

Holli said…
Looks like a great trip! We've enjoyed many of those places but not all at once. We live just south of Sacramento, so we've enjoyed Sequoia and Yosemite and even Micke Grove Zoo! I love going there with my kids. Glad they had so much fun!
Your husband is amazing!! What a good man. And what wonderful memories for your children. Time spent together like that will bind them together forever.

So where does he want to go next year?
Amber said…
Wow!! That's impressive!! What a great dad!!
Handsfullmom said…
Lori, he wanted to do Northern California and the Northwest on the same trip, but it looks like he's going to have to break it into two. I just think it's funny that he can be surrounded by the mess of one trip and already be planning the next one!
Lisa6Kids said…
They came out to my neck of the woods! Those are all of our favorite camping spots and I have pictures of all my kids in the same places. How fun to see your kids standing where mine stood. We went to Yosemite a few weeks ago.
bjahlstrom said…
Those are beautiful, scenic pictures! And that toad is so awesome.