Or I could work on a computer project, like sorting our pictures and prepping last year's for the book I need to work on soon.
Or I could just sit here and blog. Yeah, that's what I'll start with, some random moments from my life.
* Katie slept six hours last night, from 11 to 5. She did the same the night before, too. It was glorious. I'm hoping she's turned a corner with her sleep.
She's a delight to be with and now that she's smiling, the kids are even more excited to hold her and elicit these lovely things:
* Does this next picture look familiar? It should. Harmony adores Katie.
* A house with five little girls in it needs a good dress-up bin.
* Lillian and Joey are doing a summer day camp Tuesdays and Thursdays for two weeks. This was their first week and I was amazed at how much they had planned. Tuesday was a Bugs and Butterflies theme and they did several art projects, read books, and looked at ladybugs the twins caught before going on their own bug hunt. I was worried that Lillian might get a bit stressed out by it all, but after everyone left, she turned to me and said, "That was SO much fun!" I love that girl.
* Eliza still sleeps with a pacifier. We limit it to just at night and she'll be giving it up right after the Daddy trip next month, which means, there won't be too many more pictures like this one:
* We spent the day at the zoo. Michael stayed home because, "the zoo just makes me hot," and he wanted to work with DH and earn some work hours. I'm glad he wanted to stay home so I could drive our small van instead of the big monster.
It was hot at the zoo. I always feel sorry for the penguins in that kind of heat. If there's one thing they're not born for, it's 90 degree days in Salt Lake City.
We met up with our new friends the Robertsons and had a great time there. Their family has seven kids about the ages of ours and we met through blogging (Hi, Diane!).
One of the highlights of the adventure was the bird show. I'm still learning how to get good action shots, but I was pleased at how these ones turned out:
Enjoy your evening. I hope it's as quiet as mine. I'm off to do some touch-up painting.