Grateful

This morning, after our scripture study, Sarah said the prayer. She was half-awake, her hair a tangled mass, and still in her pajamas, as she slowly and deliberately began the prayer. Most of it was typical thank-you-for-our-family things, but towards the end she said, "and thank you we have water. Thank you we have water that comes in our sinks."

I don't know where she picked up on the miracle that is fresh, clean water, and I'm sure I've never told her that we take it for granted, but I was grateful for words and for the reminder that I live in a wonderful time, where water is magically delivered to our faucets.

Comments

Christine said…
I love that story. Simple and refreshing and wonderful. Sometimes the small moments are the best moments.
Wendy said…
AMEN!!! Way to be grateful Sarah!!
Tiffany Wacaser said…
AMEN. One of the many quirks of our new home is that we have well water which tastes appallingly bad. So we are buying bottled water for now and will most likely purchase a culligan water system to filter the water so that we can drink it. It has been hard to ration it.
We tried the Brita water filter, but it didn't filter enough to make the water drinkable.
Kim said…
Isn't it funny how sometimes it takes our kids to help us be grateful for such simple things. Funny you should mention scripture study because I was wondering how you approaced it. We have such a hard time keeping all the different ages attentive to what's going on. What do you do?
How sweet for her to notice that at her age and when she has it readily available. I don't think I really gave water from a faucet much thought until my mission to Ecuador when I had to go without it much of the time. Now a day never passes without me being grateful for "water that comes in the sink". :-)