Forgetfulness is a marvelous thing . . .


Just like you forget the utter misery of pregnancy and the pain of childbirth, you also tend to forget just how trying life with a two-year-old (even an adorable one) can be. You also forget how much they drool. Eliza's clothes have a constant ring of wetness around her neck lately. This morning, she's been into the cat food, the computer games, the computer, the bread, the butter, the books, the clothes I'm trying to fold, the sink, the spray bottle I used to mop the floor, a rag, and probably a few other things I didn't catch her at. We have a house full of toys -- TONS of them -- but if Eliza ever played with them, I think I'd faint of surprise.

Comments

Tiffany Wacaser said…
This cracked me up! As a fellow mother of a two-year old, I'm glad I forgot what it is really like, because it is driving me crazy. Brooke throws fits, cries, doesn't forget what she wants, climbs on the stool, falls off the stool, tries to clean the bathroom, unfolds my clothes, tries on a hundred different outfits a day. . .

But she also is so adorable that I don't mind all the things she does.