For Better or For Worse

The pictures are taken. I haven't seen them yet, but I hope we have at least one that is okay. Allison and Sarah were silly and crazy and pouty and difficult. Joey kept smiling weird. Michael was standing awkwardly. After a little bit, Eliza decided that was IT for her and started screaming. DH and I tried to smile while whispering bribes and threats in certain children's ears, reminding everyone to look at the camera, calling Sarah to "get back here NOW" and in general feeling a bit stressed out. On the bright side, Harmony was sweet through the entire thing and so was Lillian. Two out of seven ain't bad. I'll show you the pictures -- good, bad, and crazy -- when I get them later. While we waited for Toni to come, I got some beautiful pictures of Harmony in her blessing dress. Isn't she adorable?

Comments

3in3mom said…
She is darling! Wish we could come and share in your two wonderful days! I am so excited to see the pics--good bad and crazy!

luv ya
Lois B said…
However the photos turn out they will be fine. If one makes a silly face that is probably where that one is at right now so might as well be remembered for the silly face! As for the pouts, well, that's the way it is with kids - they can be so finicky and today may just be their pout day!

It reminds me of taking a thanksgiving photo this year of 3 of my grandkids - one of them started to act up and I pulled out the picture from last year. He is turned around and not facing the camera as he was having a "pout". So I just said is this the kind of photo you want grandma to have again this year. At first he didn't really care but when I pointed out to him that when he got older and looked back on photos he will be disappointed he is not in the annual thanksgiving photos just because he was acting up. After some though, he decided it was best to put on his best smile and get in the picture!
Botill Family said…
Very cute pictures! Harmony is so expressive!
Dan and Marci said…
Her dress is beautiful!!
Mommy Matters said…
She is SO cute! I just love her little face!