One of the best parts about having DH work from home...

Since January, DH has been working from home about half the time. I don't always know when he'll be here and mostly I try to pretend he isn't here while I go about my normal day (that's so he can get some work done).

But one thing I love is that I can leave while Eliza sleeps. This morning, I took Michael and the twins to a summer movie ("The Bee Movie," which was totally stupid, by the way) and left Eliza in her crib. DH listened for her, but she didn't wake up until after we got back.

Comments

Dina said…
Love that perk! You feel so free, don't you? My DH usually works from home in the mornings, so I can leave the boys home while I take the big kids to school. It really makes a difference. Nice to see you blogging again!
Mommy Matters said…
Doesn't having dh work from home make having a large family WAY more managable!? My dh has been home 7 years now. Sometimes I wonder if *I* would have wanted to keep having babies if he wasn't at home.

My friends thought I would get SO sick of him when he first started working from home. Like it was the begining of the end of our marriage. They couldn't make it through a whole weekend with their dh's. I can honestly say I love having him home - for myself and for the kids. It is amazing to see the difference in his relationships with the younger kids who he has always been home with vs his relationships with the older ones. Our younger ones are so much closer to him and he has way more of a "primary parent" kinda role with them.
3in3mom said…
how precious he can be there. I dream of the day we can have a home office and DH can be here more. Someday--hopefully soon, until there--I'm glad he makes time for us when we need/want him here.

So true that the bee movie is a bit DUMB. . . lol