One Tough Mama . . .





On Saturday, we took our entire family up to Timpanogas Cave. The hike up there is paved, but there is no level grade, it's a mile and a half of steep switchbacks, with an 1,100 foot elevation gain. We decided to go now rather than in the summer when I'm further along, but I kept wondering if I would REALLY want to take my six-and-a-half-month pregnant belly up that mountain. I went anyway, and I'm so glad I did. The twins did great walking the whole time and DH carried Eliza in the Baby Bjorn. I was so proud of ourselves when we came down. And now I get some bragging rights, right?

On the way back down the mountain, as I saw lots of people puffing up the other way, one man looked at me and said, "If a pregnant gal can make it . . ."

Comments

3in3mom said…
good for you! You do some great things as a family!
kacy faulconer said…
That really was a very great day. . . especially for me and Ellen!
Mommy Matters said…
You are my hero - hiking while preggo!!