Eleven Years Ago . . .



. . . today, my husband and I married each other for time and eternity in the Boise Temple. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we believe that Christ has made it possible for our marriage to last forever, not just until "death do us part." It was a significant and wonderful day in my life, and I am so thankful I made the choice to be married and was worthy to enter the temple.

Now, if we can just get through today! It's been a tiring day and not nearly as "special" as these days can sometimes be. DH & I are both tired, and the kids have been cranky and disobedient. I've dealt with four accidents (seems like the twins will be fine for months and then have set-backs for several weeks!) including one poopy one, several arguments, a boy who hides his pull-ups in a corner of his room instead of throwing them away, a cranky husband who stayed up too late last night working, a babysitter who canceled so we can't go out to dinner, and I'm reorganizing my office. The latter I suppose I could have put off until another day, but the mess has been getting to me, so I went to Home Depot this morning, bought & cut to size 4 shelves and installed them in the closet. It's been kind of exciting to see how much organizing space I have now. Maybe I'm strange, but I love to organize. Like everyone else, I put it off and put it off, but once I start into it, I get such pleasure in sorting, labeling, and especially throwing away.




And there have been other good points today. DH brought me home some delicious take-out for lunch, we'll be going out later tonight for ice cream, and Lillian got dinner ready for herself and the other kids. I also met my soon-to-be neighbor. The house next door to us has been empty since last summer and recently went into foreclosure. Meredith seems very nice and she's expecting her first baby (a girl) just weeks before mine is due. I'd been hoping someone will move in who has kids the ages of my younger ones (we're blessed that our neighbors on the other side of us have kids close enough in age to be friends with my three older kids and Eliza), and it sounds like they'll be around long enough for our little girls to grow up together. We live in a culdesac with about a dozen homes that's a bit isolated from other neighborhoods around by the busy road just outside our culdesac. Most of the homes have been here since the 60s, with 5 lots developed in the last few years. Our neighbors are wonderful, but there are only three families with kids, including ours (OK, four if you count the family whose youngest is 14). So, it's exciting to see more kids on the street.

Comments

Wendy said…
Well Happy 11 years !! My husband and I will celebrate 10 years in June!! So just two more months. I'm sorry that your babysitter cancelled on you. Hope it all turned out okay in the end. Congratulations on 11 years.
3in3mom said…
Congrats on 11 years! We'll celebrate 10 in August! You are a great couple and I am so glad you found each other. Hang in there with the kids. . .

I sure wish we could be neighbors. My three are your three youngest' ages. I wish we were closer to graduating and moving to "real life" but someday soon--about next summer. . .
3in3mom said…
Oh, we may get to see you in June--any plans, email me if you'd like to. . .
alligood said…
Happy Anniversary! Warren and I have been married 11 years, as well. Isn't it amazing how much life has handed out in such a short amount of time?? I hope your day turned out as well as a special day should!
-Allison
Katie said…
You haven't changed a bit! You're so cute! Happy Anniversary!