Worth a Look ~ Friday Favorites

On current events:

The Sobering Facts about Egg Freezing That Nobody's Talking About.

I'm fascinated by the science and implications of egg freezing and other fertility treatments.  Last year, I read a whole book about the subject.  It touched on a lot of the same problems mentioned in the article (although the book tried to put a "yay, women have more options!" take on the negatives).




Human Interest:

If the World were 100 People

  • 48 live on less than $2 US a day
  • 60 live in Asia
  • 12 speak Chinese, 5 Spanish, 5 English, and so forth
  • 7 have a college degree, 93 do not
  • 33 Christian, 22 Muslim, 14 Hindus, 7 Buddhists, 12 other, 12 no religion


Recipes:

Divine Caramel Sauce
We loved this with apples, over ice cream, and on chocolate brownies.  And definitely add more than a pinch of salt for a more intense flavor.


Top 100 Recipes of 2014 from Taste of Home


THM Crock Pot Cooking Session 1
I'm dying to try to fill my freezer with meals before my baby comes this summer.  Think these ones are any good?


Photography:
Haven't tried listening to these yet, but if I can ever figure out how to access them from my phone, they sound insteresting:

Sprouting Photography Podcast

Comments