The Sobering Facts about Egg Freezing That Nobody's Talking About.
I'm fascinated by the science and implications of egg freezing and other fertility treatments. Last year, I read a whole book about the subject. It touched on a lot of the same problems mentioned in the article (although the book tried to put a "yay, women have more options!" take on the negatives).
- "Around the world, there are an estimated 1.5 million IVF procedures each year, and 1.2 million fail."
- "Furthermore, even with the new flash freezing process, the most comprehensive data available reveals a 77 percent failure rate of frozen eggs resulting in a live birth in women aged 30, and a 91 percent failure rate in women aged 40."
If the World were 100 People
- 48 live on less than $2 US a day
- 60 live in Asia
- 12 speak Chinese, 5 Spanish, 5 English, and so forth
- 7 have a college degree, 93 do not
- 33 Christian, 22 Muslim, 14 Hindus, 7 Buddhists, 12 other, 12 no religion
Divine Caramel Sauce
We loved this with apples, over ice cream, and on chocolate brownies. And definitely add more than a pinch of salt for a more intense flavor.
Top 100 Recipes of 2014 from Taste of Home
THM Crock Pot Cooking Session 1
I'm dying to try to fill my freezer with meals before my baby comes this summer. Think these ones are any good?
Haven't tried listening to these yet, but if I can ever figure out how to access them from my phone, they sound insteresting:
Sprouting Photography Podcast