Finding Joy in Mothering (Nearly Wordless Wednesday)

(First, another reminder that voting is on-going. I'm in 12th place or so right now and could use a few votes! -- just click on this badge, and scroll down to my blog to vote.) After spending a few weeks feeling overwhelmed and as if I was drowning in the work around here, I've been determined to find more joy in my life, even if it means ignoring some of the messes. (It helps that I have made some progress in cleaning out and organizing lately). * We had a campfire in our backyard for family home evening on Monday. * I've been walking several times with a friend -- it's amazing how a good conversation uplifts and helps put things in perspective. * I've been doing a few photoshoots and enjoying the chance to develop those talents further. * I cleaned out a few hot spots in my house that were really bothering me -- and yes, having order does help me find joy. A few things rearranged in the kitchen make it much easier to bake cookies (I did that too), find bowls, and make oatmeal nearly every day for breakfast (I'm SO tired of paying for cereal). * I gave up on making bread for my family every Wednesday. They weren't appreciating it much and I decided it wasn't worth my time for now. They ARE appreciating the homemade zuchinni bread, cookies, and brownies I've made instead. (Amazing what the addition of a bit of sugar does to gratitude levels). * I am now (FINALLY) past the morning-sickness stage of pregnancy. It hung around a little too long! The baby's moving a bit, I've had some Braxton Hicks, and I'm trying to ignore the scale when it tells me I've gained ten pounds since June. I'm getting more and more excited about my ultrasound in just a week -- my husband's got this great idea that it would be fun to not find out (thanks a lot, Rebecca!), but I think I've convinced him I need to know. I'm feeling more and more as if it's a girl, but I've been wrong before! * I kept a positive attitude even when some mysterious bug caused six of my children to throw up in the middle of the night, a different child (or two) each night. Not a single one of them made it to the bathroom, so there's been a lot of laundry. * When Eliza wanted to go to the duck pond the other day, I brought my camera. I've been neglecting to photograph my own children lately, and adding that back into my life was thrilling, especially when with very little effort, I got shots like these: This has got to be my favorite shot of Harmony ever -- her personality is larger than life: What have you found that brings you joy?

Comments

Tracy said…
I love this post! It sounds like my life. Thanks for reminding me to find joy in my day crazy, overwhelming, crazy day. Your babies are beautiful. I look forward to reading more. :)
Stef said…
Don't you love life. No day is the same and yet each stretches us like nobody's business.
Love the pictures of your cute little girls.
lesa said…
I've had a few spots in my house that have been bugging me too. Time to re-organize, now you've motivated me. :)
Cynthia said…
I am finding joy in morning sickness and praying that my house will clean itself :) At least I know it is temporary and I will play catch up in a few weeks. (and I have a fabulous helpful/understanding husband)

Oh and I vote for not finding out...it is so much fun, especially since you have boys and girls there is nothing new to buy ;)