Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009 in Pictures (Nearly Wordless Wednesday)

First a sneek peek at our nativity


CHRISTMAS EVE
Christmas Eve at the Chinese Restuarant --
we've been doing this for YEARS!
The best part? No clean up!

Look at all that food!

Reading from Luke 2


Baby Jesus wouldn't sit still very well.


Notice the shepherd really IS "sore afraid." It was a little past her bedtime.



Baby Jesus was amazingly mobile for a newborn.

The angel of the Lord knew her part perfectly.

And there came wise men from the East.

CHRISTMAS MORNING

Santa came! With a rocking chair/trike for Harmony:

Legos and cars for Joey and Michael:
Littlest Pet Shop for Eliza:
I love that my kids get excited about EVERYTHING, even the marbles in their stockings:

Nearly 21 Weeks along -- more than halfway there!

BREAKFAST TIME!

Waiting patiently are Allison,
Joey,
Sarah,
and Michael (the others are there too).
Worth waiting for -- the easiest, yummiest rolls ever:
(My recipe is similar to this one)
Harmony LOVES them.

Then it was back to all the presents, to be opened one at a time and savored.










Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Joy For Your Journey said...

What fun you must have had!! Breakfast looks yummy and Christmas Eve dinner is certainly innovative. You truly are blessed to have such a large family.

Happy New Year!

Dana said...

Just wanted to say I think you are amazing. I am feeling so disorganized these days and we only have 4 kids. I am wondering how you do it!!! Lots of luck with your pregnancy....Yay!! A girl. :)

Lisa said...

You look like you had a wonderful Christmas and congratulations on having a little girl :)

Could you tell me what the dinner rolls are and butterscotch pudding. I live in the UK and would love to try it but I don't know if we have that over here!!!

Christina said...

Lisa,

I tried to leave this comment on your blog, but it didn't work.

You asked about the rolls. Rhodes rolls are pre-made rolls found in the freezer section here. Any pre-frozen rolls should work if they have them there.

The pudding comes in a box, like jello; it's also used as pie filling, like for butterscotch or chocolate pie.

If neither of those things will work, here are some recipes that will probably taste similar, with more from-scratch ingredients.

Mindy said...

I love that you act out the nativity! That is one of our favorite traditions too...so fun!

Miniviolet said...

I was catching up on your blog and Adam (my almost 2 year old) climbed up in my lap. I think he was flirting with Harmony! The recipe ingredients for the breakfast rolls are going on my next shopping list too. They look delicious...and easy! My favorite combination!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...