Reasons I love my husband

1. He has never, in all ten years of my being a stay-at-home mom, come home and said, "What did you do all day?"

2. He gets mad when people suggest he's "babysitting" the kids when I'm not around. "I'm their FATHER -- it's called being a dad."

3. His favorite hobby is traveling with his kids. Last year, he started the "Daddy Trip" tradition, taking four of our oldest children on a trip to see the Oldest Trees in the World, the Biggest Trees, Area 51, and a dozen things in between. This year, he's at Mount Rushmore with five kids, camping out, hiking, preparing meals, and having the time of his life. Me? I get to stay home with the youngest kids and enjoy some peace, quiet, and time to catch up on some much-needed projects.

4. He likes to cook and does it every weekend and on days when I'm particularly stressed.

5. He doesn't hound me about my faults.

6. He meets with me almost every night (a new tradition started this year) to discuss things going on, what our kids need, and to pray together.

7. He pays the bills. Seriously, he takes care of all the bills and our finances. I did it for the first six years of our marriage, so I know it's a pain, but he takes care of it.

8. He works hard to support our family financially. He's done so ever since Lillian was born. He has allowed me to stay home with our children, even when that meant giving up a more secure financial situation. He worked several jobs even during graduate school so our children could have a full-time mother.

9. He takes our kids to the doctor when they're sick.

10. He is great during a crisis. I'll never forget the day Sarah cut her head open at a mall playground. After the paramedics cleared her and said I should rush her in for stitches, I called him. Five minutes later, he met me at the doctor's office, took her in his arms, and stayed with her while I went home with the other children. He gave her a blessing and held her hand during the stitches.

11. He loves children, both our own and the others he meets. He is willing to be fully a dad to our large and growing family. He's always reacted with joy and excitement when I tell him I'm expecting, even when the timing isn't always convenient.

Happy Father's Day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a lovely post.
You`re so lucky to have such a wonderful, caring and thoughtful husband/dad to you and your children.
He`s lucky to have you too.
Best wishes, Crazy xx
Very sweet - it's a wonderful thing to be loved and valued by the one you love!
Tiffany Wacaser said…
I think #1 alone is a major reason to love your husband!!!
Lana said…
Sounds like you have a wonderful husband. It is so wonderful that you two work together as a team to accomplish all you both do! What wonderful examples to the rest of us!
Wendy said…
I agree #1 is the take all!!! I wish I could say that about mine, but unfortunately I can't. At least not with the first 10 years. Maybe the second 10 will be different.... and then again, maybe not. We'll see.

I'm glad you have a great man in your life, who's willing to be the dad and play an active role in that, and as your companion. You two have a beautiful family together.
He sounds pretty much perfect! And I agree with him on the babysitting thing. Wbenever I hear fathers say they have to "babysit" I always respond with "You aren't babysitting if it is your own children, you are being a father." Good for him!!
Jacki said…
You sound like a perfect match. What a great team!
I'm lucky too :)