My friend Wendy tagged me. I'm supposed to post 6 quirks about myself. The truth is, I have no quirks, just endearing oddities, but hopefully that's close enough:
1. I like peanut butter a lot. Practically any ice cream creation can be improved with a little peanut butter. When I was a child, I'd melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave then put it in muffin cups in the fridge in my own attempt to make Reese Peanut Butter cups. They weren't very good, but I ate them anyway.
2. I like to mow the lawn. Really. I also like yardwork. More than cooking.
3. I try to hide from the kids the fact that I'm a picky eater. I don't like things that are sour, and it takes a long time for me to warm up to a new food.
4. I was my mother's most difficult toddler. I was strong-willed and independent and wanted to do everything myself. Two years ago, after a week with us, watching my two strong-willed, independent, tantrum-throwing two-year-old twins, my mother laughed -- hard -- and said, "I always wondered if you'd get a child just like you, but I never imagined you'd get two!" ("Serves you right!" I'm sure she added quietly to herself.)
5. I don't love babies. I mean, I love MY babies and I love being a mother to babies, but I've never been one of those women who loves a baby just because it's a baby. When my friend Jennifer Grant and I used to babysit all the time, she would get so excited when she was asked to stay with a newborn. Me? I found that boring. I'd much rather read stories, play hide-n-seek, and chase around older kids. Even now, though I feel longing for more children, I don't get baby-hungry. I guess I get child-hungry instead.
6. I hate to spend money. I'm probably thrifty to a fault. My husband doesn't have this problem. Which is probably a good thing.
What are your quirks? I tag anyone who wants to play along (Katie? Allison? Rebecca? Lindsay? Chalice? Meradith? Nicki? April? Marci? Michele? Anyone?). Only catch is that once you've played along, you have to leave me a comment with a link to your OWN 6 endearing oddities.