In Praise of DH ...

I have to give my DH credit. Not many men would be willing to have as many children as we do. Not many would be willing to be as hands-on and involved as he is. And I think it would take a rare man indeed who would voluntarily and excitedly plan and execute what he did last month. He took four of the kids, ages 9, 7, 6, and 4, on an 11-day vacation to California. They camped, hiked, saw the biggest trees in the world, saw the oldest trees in the world, went to Disneyland, and hung out at the beach. Among other things, DH prepared lots of meals, cleaned up throw-up, handled melt-downs, and was basically Super-Dad. Me? I stayed home and wondered just what it is moms with two children DO all day. With just Allison & Eliza, the house stayed clean, I ran the dishwasher twice a week instead of twice a day, and I got caught up on several projects, chief among them our family scrapbooking! This was no small feat, as I had only completed the pages up until May of 2007. I'm now finished through May of 2008. It's a great feeling! Below are just a few of the pages I did.

Comments

Wendy said…
This stuff looks great!! I'm glad you were able to get a "break" from the kids. Your husband is AWESOME, especially going to California that long without YOU!! I'd like to learn some more techniques and stuff -- so after your post partum a month or two.... We should get together specifically about this.
3in3mom said…
Yup, he sure is a great Daddy. Funny how your perspective changes when you have a different number of kids around. I had 6 under 8 last weekend for awhile and was amazed at how different it was. I'm sure it's even more differnet when they are yours. Awesome pages!

Was great to see you.