"At least I'm not potty-training a dog, too!"

That's what I thought this morning when I was visiting with a dear friend. She has five children, ages 11 months to 10 years, and recently aquired an adorable little dog named Toto. A few days ago she arrived late to a playdate earlier this week because of vague and unexplained "dog problems." And last night she attended a dog training session with her 10 year old, where she learned all sorts of tips and even picked up a free sample of a wonderful spray that you use when the dog does not use the great outdoors for its bathroom.

Then again, maybe I would have picked up some good tips? I'm working on potty-training the twins, with mostly success this time. I say "this time" because this is about the fourth time I have tried in earnest to train them, and it is a miracle it is finally getting through.

But back to my main point. I've decided that potty-training isn't for wimps (or my DH either, apparently, as he so far has managed to wriggle out of any responsibility for it). And it isn't something that get easier with experience. Nope.

But at least I don't have to train a dog, too.

Comments