Living "Between". . .

Life is so interesting right now. We are supposed to close on our house any day now (or so the title company and our realtor keep assuring us), then we'll have just a few days to be completely out of our house. We had thought we would close on Monday or Tuesday, but nope, so we're still living half-in-half-out of this house. Our furniture is almost all gone to storage, save for our beds (thank goodness for pregnant me) and our kitchen table. We've got boxes everywhere and some more to pack. It's not quite a fun way to live -- keeping track of what goes to the new house (very little), what goes to storage, and what goes to the hotel while still needing to use some of that stuff is challenging. But I think I'm up for it.

We'll be moving into a hotel for a month or so while our house gets finished, and right now, it's a race -- anyone want to bet on what will happen first, Eliza's birth or the house being finished? I've got 5 weeks until my doctor will induce, 6 weeks until due date, and the house is set to be done between 4 and 6 weeks. I'm not holding my breath on the house, though. It was originally supposed to be done in July, remember. =) But things are happening fast -- drywall is done and textured (they sand on Friday), and we should start with hard flooring tomorrow and cabinets this weekend!

I tried to post pictures, but blogger's being goofy right now, so I'll try again later.

In the meantime, I regained some sanity yesterday by working on my calendar pages for Christmas gifts -- the slideshow below shows how many I've gotten done. And I still have a computer, so I'm connected to the world.

Comments