Update

Busy Saturday, as usual. DH was up at 4 a.m. putting some finish on some desks he's making for our family room, then he went to the gym for his morning run. He and his friend stopped by Walmart and picked up Harry Potter afterwards, so we're fighting over turns to read it. I walked into the bedroom this afternoon to find him reading towards the end of the book! He was skipping ahead to see what would happen! Scandolous, I know. Luckily, he's good enough not to tell me what's happening.

We got a ton of work done this morning. I mowed the lawn (my exercise for the day, and one of my favorite jobs), and DH put the finish on all the desk's cabinets, plus we vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, folded all the laundry, and cleaned up everywhere.

Last night we had a great time with some friends who came over to beat the heat at their swamp-cooler cooled apartment. We had dinner, then our husbands took the older kids to the local pool, only to find out it closed early on Fridays. So they came home and played in the river and the backyard wading pool. I really enjoy being with my friend Rachel, she always inspires me to be a better mother and we always talk about meaningful things.

After our friends left, I took a walk with Sarah & Allison in the stroller for about 30 minutes. On my way home, our elderly neighbors were out on their porch, so I had a fun visit with them. The woman is so positive and cheerful and said such nice things about me and my kids; it made my day. We also chatted about some of our Church leaders. I told her I'd read a great talk recently by Elder Dallin H. Oaks (http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,538-1-3100-1,00.html) where he talks about writing all his talks on a manual typewriter. He had a funny experience trying to purchase one recently, because no one knew what he was talking about. My neighbor thought that was great, because that's just like them; they don't do computers either.

I stayed up a little late submitting three new kits, bunches of pre-made pages, and my kit "collection," and they 're up in the store now. I wanted to include a preview here because I think they are all SO cute and fun, but I'm having trouble getting pictures attached on my blog. Grrr. If I get it figured out later, I'll try to post it.

Comments